I noticed that Google had indexed some of my pages when I was with blogger.com. With MT, the filenames and locations for archive files is different. Before, the location of a weekly archive would have been

http://www.analogousmember.com/2002_06_09_archive.shtml.

Now, the location is

http://www.analogousmember.com/archives/week_2002_06_09.shtml.

Obviously, I can’t change Google, so this is what I did. I added a mod_rewrite rule (for those on Apache) to handle this. Like I said, if your on Apache, create a .htaccess file in the root directory, that is if you don’t have one already. In that file put the following:


RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule (.*)_archive.shtml$ /archives/week_$1.shtml [R=permanent,L]

this handles grabbing the date range from the original file, and redirecting the browser to the new filename.